We are sharing mindfulness teachings. We are committed to protecting the privacy of any and all information we obtain in the course of carrying out our business.
Our management and protection of personal information is guided by the following principles:
- All personal information in our custody and control will be collected, used, and disclosed in accordance with applicable laws governing the sharing and security of private information.
- We embody a culture in which personal information is protected and respected.
All employees working on our behalf are responsible for maintaining the security of sensitive and personal information in our custody and control.
All managers are responsible for overseeing the collection, use, disclosure, retention, and disposal of personal information within their departments to ensure compliance with our policies.
Management has overall responsibility for the following:
- Ensuring that we have the appropriate policies and processes in place to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control.
- Monitoring our compliance with all privacy policies and legal requirements.
- Collecting Information
When collecting personal information, we will do the following:
- Limit the collection of personal information to what is necessary to undertake our functions, or limit the collection according to what is permitted by applicable law
- Be open and transparent about the information that is being collected by clearly communicating the lawful purpose for the collection
- Ensure that all individuals have the ability to request access to the personal information we hold about them
- Ensure that all individuals have the ability to seek correction if personal information is incorrect
- Only collect personal information directly from the subject of the information, unless consent is given to collect information from other sources or collection from another source is permitted by applicable law
- Collecting personal information over the Internet
In some instances, we may collect personal information over the Internet. Upon collection, the personal information is retained in a secure database.
- Using or disclosing personal information
We will only access, use, or disclose personal information for the purposes for which it was collected — or for a use that is consistent with that purpose — unless consent for another access, use, or disclosure has either been obtained or is otherwise authorized by the law. Personal information will not be accessed, used, or disclosed by our employees except as authorized in the course of fulfilling their duties and responsibilities.
- Retaining and disposing of personal information
We only retain personal information for the purposes for which the personal information was collected — including for the purpose of meeting any legal, accounting or other reporting requirements or obligations.
If we use personal information to make a decision that directly affects an individual, we will keep that information for at least one year after using it so that individuals have a reasonable opportunity to obtain access to it.
- Safeguarding personal information
We protect personal information in accordance with applicable laws. Our organization has made reasonable security arrangements to secure against the unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, or destruction of personal information.
- Third parties
We will not sell or rent personal information.
- Right to request access to personal information
Any individual can formally request access to personal information in the custody or control of our organization by submitting a request in writing.
Before providing the personal information, we may need to ask individuals to verify their identity.
We may refuse access to certain personal information when such refusal is authorized or required by law. In the event that we refuse access, we will notify the individual of this decision in writing and outline the reasons for the refusal.
- Right to seek correction of personal information
Individuals may write to us and request that any errors or omissions in their personal information be corrected. If we are satisfied that a request for correction is reasonable, we will correct the personal information as soon as reasonably possible. If we do not agree with the request, we will advise the requesting party accordingly, and note both the request and our reason for not making the requested change on our file.
- What information do we collect when you visit your website?
When you browse our website, the following information is collected and stored:
- The IP (Internet Protocol) address of your Internet service provider or your computer which also identifies the domain name (such as shaw.ca or yourcompany.com) of your service
- The operating system of your computer and the browser you use (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- The time and date that you visited our site
- Our web pages or online tools that you used
We do not use this information to identify website users, unless you choose to provide your identity to us through one of the means available on the website or unless we are required to identify website users by law.
- What do we do with information provided directly by you?
A person must be an authorized user in order to access our secure server and use our online tools. Personal information will only be used for the purpose provided by us — or for a use consistent with that purpose — by persons authorized by us. If you believe your personal information is being used for a purpose other than what you intended, please contact us.
- How do we protect personal information?
We protect personal information by using a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and is then encrypted into our database. This information is accessed only by individuals who are authorized with special access rights to our systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
- Do we disclose any information to third parties?
We do not sell or trade any personally identifiable information. Trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website and conducting our business may have access to personal information if necessary. Information provided by anyone through this website will be used and disclosed as necessary for regulatory and compliance purposes. In some cases, we may be required to disclose information by law.
- Third-party links
We feature links to third-party websites on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore assume no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about the sites we link to.
By using our site, you accept the terms of this Privacy Statement.